Sunday, April 26, 2009

Help, Trumpet playing with braces?

I'm currently 15 years old and I'm playing a trumpet. But the problem is I have braces on, and it's very painful when I play. I've already searched many answers, but none can satisfy me.


I have a few questions.


- Where can I get brace guards that can protect my lips from being cut in Singapore?


- What type of mouthpiece should I use?


- How do I prevent my tongue from getting cut when I'm tongue-ing a note? The metal at the back of my teeth cuts my tongue when I tongue notes...





I've asked because after putting braces for around 6 months, I've a bit of improvement on trumpet playing, but my skills now are not better than when I've first started trumpet playing.


I can only reach E above the middle C sometimes, and after playing for around 1-2 hours, I cannot reach it anymore. I've to wait till another day before I can reach it again...





Help please, I really wanna play well.

Help, Trumpet playing with braces?
Braces are no good for trumpet playing, but my advice is to not press your mouthpiece against your lips so hard, but instead place your pinkie finger on top of the pinkie holder on the top of the trumpet. Also, to ease your pain, do not grab your trumpet against your lips hard to. Practice developing lip muscles instead of forcing a sound out.





(There is no real quick solution to trumpet playing, sorry, but strengthening your lips will help in the long run after your braces come off. If you don't believe me, ask your instructor)
Reply:you will get used to it!!!!!11


No comments:

Post a Comment