Sunday, April 26, 2009

Trumpet Players: Personal Favorites?

I've been daydreaming about a new trumpet for a while now and I'd like to do some research. I plan on going to a few music shops and trying some out. I would like to know specific personal faves (ex/ getzen 3001LE) to try out for myself. I play in concert, jazz, pep, and marching bands. I hope to find a versatile trumpet that I can all the way through college.

Trumpet Players: Personal Favorites?
My husband says to try a Bach Stradivarius. The yamaha pro models are also pretty nice. He plays on a Gerhard Baier Bb which he loves, and his C is a Bach Stradivarius which he likes a little more but he said its not an off the shelf Bach Strad either. It has had some modifications. I think a new lead pipe or something. He uses his two horns for everything from concert band to orchestral to jazz.
Reply:my friend has a bach stradivarius and it's gorgeous. plays well, too. however for him it's not that versatile cuz his parents won't let him play it in marching band for fear that it might get dropped, dirty, etc. if you are going to play one in all those bands all the way through college, you're gonna need a high quality one that is also very durable.


No comments:

Post a Comment