Sunday, April 26, 2009

New Trumpet?

I am considering a new trumpet and i do not know what to get. my current trumpet is the jupiter 606 mr jtr (i think). what brands and trumpets should i look into?

New Trumpet?
My recommendation is that you find somewhere that has a good selection of horns, so you can bring your mouthpiece in and test several out...most music stores should be fine with this. If you can do this pick the one that feels and sounds the best to you. If you are looking into a professional level horn, try out some of the standard Bach or Yamaha professional models. Benge and I believe Blessing also make some nice horns, I haven't played them that much. When I made the switch from a student level to a professional level trumpet I went to the now defunct Mars music and played 8 or 9 different trumpets ranging from $700 to $2000. I chose a Bach Stradivarius Model 37 with a reverse lead pipe because I felt it was the most comfortable to play, as well as complemented my sound. The reverse lead is something I highly recommend as you can really tell the difference in the level of air restriction from the standard lead pipe. I hope this helps you out, and enjoy your new horn!





EDIT: You should also take into consideration the style of music you play. Another reason I chose the Bach was because it was a good all around trumpet. I have used it for marching, symphonic, jazz, and even some ska/blues rock stuff. Some instruments are made out of materials that can maximize a certain sound or style of music. I had a friend that had a Model 37 with a standard lead, but his bell was made of a different metal or alloy than mine and that thing could get quite loud, and had a brighter tone to it as well. Just some more to consider, hopefully a knowledgeable employee can help you out...
Reply:i agree with the guy bellow, if you are an experienced or mid level player you should probably invest in a trumpet between 700 and up,if your a mid level player i suggest a Yamaha ($700-$1500) , if ur experienced i suggest u get a bach or a bach stradivarius (1500-3000)


No comments:

Post a Comment