Sunday, April 26, 2009

Trumpet~High Notes.?

hello! i play the trumpet in the band at my school. next year, i will be going to the high school and I will be in the marching band with MANY fellow trumpet players that can really play well. can't play so well, and since i will be with these people, I'd like to get better. i can hardly get a high C, my cut off is usually an A on a good day. i've done every tip my teachers have told me to do to improve my range but i just can't get anywhere above the staff like all my fellow band friends can. is there anything i can do? any kind of special trumpet or mouth piece?

Trumpet~High Notes.?
Try blowing a lil harder and make sure ur pressing it down all the way








Edit:


haha sorry I play the clarinet but my friend told me to type cuz she plays the trumpet
Reply:whatever you don't press into your lips too much, that will end up not being good for you in the long run. how i got a better range was try to play higher than my highest note towards the ends of my warm ups. there are these exercises i used when i was in the 8th-11th grade that got me from playing G right above the staff to playing high F's in jazz band. my private lesson teacher calls them V.C.s and there are many versions of it. ask your teacher about them, or email me and i can get you a copy of them.

network security

No comments:

Post a Comment