Sunday, April 26, 2009

Trumpet Pricing?

I got a new trumpet off of ebay, it is a very nice Conn trumpet and am very happy with it. I also saw an old 1930's Holton Collegiate, I got it for a very good price. It needs new springs, has a little wear to the finish, and a couple very small dings that don't affect the sound at all. I was just wondering if any one knew a price of what one of these would go for. I just want to make sure I didn't over pay for it.

Trumpet Pricing?
Holton makes very good horns. I would guess about $150.00 would be the max I would b willing to pay. I also would like to point out that not all professional trumpets are called strads. Haven't you heard of say the Conn Vintage One line or Connstellaion or the Yamaha Xeno line or say a company called Schilke? The finest trumpet manufactorers in the world????
Reply:I can't say exactly what the Holton Collegiate is worth but I think it must be a student model trumpet either a beginner or intermediate model because of the name "Collegiate".Where a top of the line pro trumpet would be named Bach Stradivarius with the Stradivarius meaning a great trumpet as the great violins made by Stradivarius. A older used student model trumpet should not be too costly.


No comments:

Post a Comment