Friday, May 21, 2010

Jazz Band Trumpet Ballot?

Hey I've been looking for a semi-hard trumpet ballot to perform with my jazz band. We are going to use it for the spring concert. Any idea's? It doesn't matter how hard the trumpet part is, because I can play anything at this simple of a level. The person who gives me the name of the piece we play is gonna get the points. Thanx to one and all.

Jazz Band Trumpet Ballot?
If I Should Loose You is a really great ballad. Booker Little plays a solo that is perfect. It's one of my favorite solos, of any style of music, that I have ever heard. I strongly suggest you check it out.





Booker Little is not widely known today. He died young, back in the 1960's. He was very respected and popular, but died before his reputation could grow. You will hear how great he is on If I Should Loose You.
Reply:I think you mean a "ballad." Check out Miles doing "Someday My Prince Will Come" - can't go wrong.


No comments:

Post a Comment