Friday, May 21, 2010

Trumpet Vine Blooms?

Even in knowing that the trumpet vine is very aggresive, it is the best added color in my garden of Eden. Although it does not grow as rapid as other vines in the garden I would like to increase blooms. Anyone have any remedies?

Trumpet Vine Blooms?
fertilizer seldom increases flower production, but rather encourages leaf or'green growth.' I don't think fertilizing is the answer. Perhaps a little pruning. My trumpet vines were all but vanquished by a brutal winter--well, brutal for Socal ,anyway--so I'm helping them along but not too concerned with blooms. Check out Sunset .com.
Reply:Fertilizer is the most important. Make sure you pinch off the spent flowers, they produce seed and the plant will quit blooming, thinking it's done its job.


No comments:

Post a Comment