Saturday, May 15, 2010

Lip problem (trumpet)?

When I first started playing trumpet I learned to play with a poor embrochure. My band director consistently told me my lips were showing too much. In a desperate attempt to fix it, I decided to tuck my upper lip under my teeth. It was very painful, and I played like that for 3 years until I finally started to change my embrochure because of pain in my lips. Since then, my embrochure has greatly improved but I still feel pain time to time. My veins will sometimes bulge out of my lip. There are 2 of them and they seem huge. Does anyone have any possible answers for what might be going on? Do I have varicose veins, a tumor? I'd greatly appreciate an answer, especially from someone who may have experienced this.

Lip problem (trumpet)?
that happens to me alot. i play with my lips pressing to hard on the mouthpiece. dont worry, its probably just scarring...trust me. but if you want to be sure go to a doctor. by the way, what size mouthpiece are you playing on? that can also be an issue.


No comments:

Post a Comment