Saturday, November 14, 2009

Trumpet playing confusion with braces?

Yes, I have been playing trumpet with braces for 3 months now and my tone and range are really good again if anything better. I've played trumpet for 7 years now. But for the last couple of days i've been sounding like crap. my lip has been getting cut up from my braces again tho if it helps with answering my question. Is this normal? Does this just happen every so often because i havent changed any way in my trumpet playing although my throught has been hurting lately. Thanks if you guys can help me out.

Trumpet playing confusion with braces?
I had braces for a while and I played trumpet. The same thing happened to me. You can buy dental wax at like Walmart or something and stick it on your braces where they cut your lip. When you're done playing just take it off or people look at you kind of funny. If that doesn't work fo you then you have to tough it out and keep on playing.





Best of luck,


Bethany
Reply:i have played trumpet for more than 9 years now... and four of those years, were with braces... i tried the wax... i tried the little plastic **** that you can slide right over your braces... nothin really worked... so i just sucked it up... and continued playing. my lips got cut, sometimes to the point were they were bleeding so bad, when the "water" was emptied it was red. but i kept playing. really... this is the only way i really could have ever imagined playing with braces... because you realize that calluses form fairly quickly, and, once they form, your playing will be perfect for braces... as long as you actually play every day... i hope this helps... i kno it's just my story, but i really hated the wax and stuff that supposedly "helps"

fruit baskets

No comments:

Post a Comment