Saturday, November 14, 2009

Trumpet problems?

I'm a sophomore in high school, and last week I was playing my trumpet just fine and I could always hit my high c's (above the staff).





and then starting yesterday, my range has been completely terrible.





I don't think I played too much or too high, but now my f-sharps (on the top line of the staff) are scratchy, and i could usually play them with ease.





Can anybody explain this?


Does anyone have any suggestions?

Trumpet problems?
i am also a sophmore and have a similar problem but found out it was because i practiced to late in the day of already playing a while for band camp. And the next day just like your self my range suffered. Leave the higher notes (especially that High C) for when your chops are fresh and don't play high if you've already played alot earlier. I don't know if this would help with your situation because i don't know if you played alot earlier or what but i just play tons of warm down excersises the next day till my chops felt good again. Also make sure u don't have a cut or sumthing like that on your top or bottom lip. Good Luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment